A festive drink that can be enjoyed all winter long! The beauty of this drink is that white chocolate is naturally very sweet, but the tannins and spices of the chai tea balance the sweetness perfectly. It makes for a well-rounded cup of hot chocolate. While I am partial to the chai tea with the white chocolate, peppermint tea also works great!
6oz premium white baker’s chocolate (or other high quality white chocolate*)
3/4 cup of whipping cream
1. Place one Organic Masala Chai Tea Bag* in a cup and add 1/4 hot water. Let steep while you make the ganache.
2. Place white chocolate in a medium size bowl
3. Heat whipping cream in a saucepan gradually. Keep a close eye on it, as it will bubble over if it gets too hot.
4. Carefully pour whipping cream over chocolate and let sit for a few minutes
5. From the middle, slowly whisk until smooth
5. Use right away, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a month
6. Add 2 TBSP of ganache to the cup and top with warmed milk. Stir & enjoy!
DID YOU KNOW *white chocolate should be more cream/yellow in colour. If your white chocolate is white, it likely is not good quality*.
**I am partial to our Genuine Tea Organic Masala Chai, and you can purchase a box of 15 bags at the cafe. I do think there is a huge difference in tea and chai blends, but feel free to substitute for your favourite chai tea.
TIP – Make double, or triple batches of ganache and store in fridge for whenever you want a festive drink