A fan favourite. The mark of Fall. Our butternut squash soup is vegan, gluten-free, and full of autumn flavours. It freezes beautifully, if you’re a big batcher, and pairs beautifully with crusty bread, or on its own with a hit of maple on top. My personal favourite way to enjoy this soup is with a gourmet grilled cheese dipped into it. Enjoy this quick, simple, and satisfying recipe!
|3||butternut squash, roasted|
|3||granny smith apples, cored|
|1 1/4 tsp||cinnamon|
|1 1/4 tsp||white pepper|
|1/4 tsp||all spice|
|1. Pretheat oven to 350.
2. Cut squash in half, remove seeds, and bake for approximately 1 hour- flesh side down.
3. While squash is roasting, chop the onion and apple and add to a large pot.
4. Add enough water to cover the onions and apples and bring to a simmer.
5. When the squash is done, let cool slightly, scoop out squash and add to pot.
6. Add enough water to cover the squash by about 2 inches.
7. Add the brown sugar, salt, maple syrup, and all the spices to the pot, and bring to a simmer.
8. Simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
9. In a high speed blender, puree the soup to a velvety consistency. Use caution when blending hot soup!
10. Serve with a swirl of maple syrup on top.