2. Preheat oven to 325-350 (depending on how hot your oven is and how crispy you like your croissants). We go for a temperature of 325 at the cafe, and bake ours for 24 minutes.
3. Egg wash Croissants
- Make the egg wash by simply beating an egg in a bowl or cup. You don’t need to add anything to this mixture. We suggest 1 egg will cover 2 trays of 8 pastries.
- Very gently, with a pastry brush, brush on egg wash. The croissants will be very delicate at this point, so it is not important to fully or perfectly cover them, but to just get a thin layer of wash over the tops and sides.
4. Place croissants on middle rack in preheated oven and let bake for 24-27 minutes. Again, the range depends on your oven and how crispy you like your croissants. I like the chocolate ones done a little less, so I would pull them out at the 24 minute mark. You’re looking for a dark golden brown colour on your pastry.
5. Let cool (or not), and ENJOY! If you choose, dust the chocolate croissants with a bit of icing sugar 5 minutes after they come out of the oven.